Lasik is one of several procedures we do at Bagan Strinden Vision to correct your vision, to reduce your need for eyeglasses or contact lenses.
If you have considered having your eyes fixed, to reduce your need for contact lenses or glasses, no doubt you have many questions and concerns about it. You probably have wondered: Can my prescription be corrected, even the astigmatism? Is lasik safe? Which Doctor should I see?
Look no further, Bagan Strinden Vision is the region's most complete vision correction center! If you would like to see better without glasses or contacts, we can help you!
Experience you can trust
- Dr. Bagan and Dr. Strinden together have done over 15,000 laser vision correction procedures, and have over 30 years' experience in many kinds of complex eye surgery.
- We have the newest generation of all-laser, bladeless lasik technology
- We have extensive experience in by far the most types of vision correction, including lasik, PRK,keratotomy, ICl, CK,refractive cataract, transplant and other technologies - why go to a place that only knows how to do one kind of procedure?
- We can correct virtually any degree of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism
- Our surgeons live and practice right here in Fargo. Corporate centers may have a surgeon who lives elsewhere and is unavailable before or after your procedure.
- We don't have extra, hidden charges for advanced technologies such as femtosecond laser and wavefront custom lasik - these technologies are included.
- You can stop in without an appointment, and for no charge we can tell you if you are a lasik candidate.
- We understand the anxiety and uncertainty that you may be experiencing... many of us have had the procedure done and we will make it a positive experience for you.
Am I a refractive surgery candidate?
Refractive surgery technology has improved to the degree that almost all refractive errors can be corrected. You can come to our office for a free screening to assure that you have a correctable refractive error, or call our office and tell us what your prescription is – you can get it from the written prescription that was given to you when you had your last eye exam or from the numbers found on the box containing your contact lenses.
In general, candidates for refractive surgery procedures must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a stable refractive error, with no more than 0.25 to 0.50 diopter change in the last year
- Be free of certain diseases of the outer eye and cornea
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure
- Prefer to have surgery over wearing glasses or contact lenses
- Be informed about the possible complications, and willing to take the small risk
- Be able to handle the financial commitment
- Be willing to commit to post-operative instructions and care plan
- Not be pregnant or nursing
How much does LASIK cost?
As low as $72 per month with our special financing options. Call us at 701-293-8242 for specific pricing.
Lifetime Vision Correction Commitment
The doctors at Bagan Strinden Vision want you to know how committed we are, and how confident we are, that you will maintain excellent vision after your LASIK surgery with us.
If you require a repeat procedure, it will be free within a year of your original treatment.
Few patients require re-treatments after the first year, but the eye can change, so you may eventually need a touch-up. For these touch-ups, we will usually charge just $500.Insurance Coverage
If your insurance considers refractive surgery as a covered service, we will gladly submit the claim for you. However, payment is still due prior to surgery and any insurance payment will be promptly refunded to you.
As this is considered an elective procedure, payment is expected in full prior to surgery.
We have arranged for special financing through Wells Fargo Health Advantage. You can use your Wells Fargo Health Advantage card for a wide range of ophthalmic surgeries including LASIK, ICL and cataracts. Go to Wells Fargo Health Advantage (www.wellsfargohealthadvantage.com) to apply online or call our office for more details.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Those with flex plans or cafeteria plans through their employer can use this plan to pay for their procedure. This allows you to pay for medical expenses with pre-tax dollars.
This includes only care related to the vision correction surgery. Any other eye health issues will be billed as usual. If you require glasses or contact lenses after surgery, the charge for these services will be your responsibility.